- Recommended for large families with 2 adults and hungry kids
- Will take up to 50% of a large upright freezer (20 cu.ft.)
- Custom Cut to your specifications. We will help you with this! Its easy with our help!
- Beef prices for a half average $1650 and with the butcher fees the average total cost is around $1900. This can vary of course with a larger or smaller than average animal. We ask during your cutting instruction process if you have a preference for a size of animal and do everything we can to provide that for you.
- Half beef orders require a $400 deposit to reserve your spot
Half of Dry Aged Grassfed Beef – OCTOBER pick up (10% off of deposit SALE – limited time only)
6.00 per hanging weight & butcher fees
287 in stock
NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR OCTOBER 2022 PICK UPS
Half and whole beef customers at Flying B enjoy the best value and greatest ability to customize their order, like how thick you want your steaks, what cuts you want, what roasts you want or which you want ground into burger packages. And half and whole customers get all the bones and organ meat if they select them when we work with you on your cutting instructions. We will help walk you through the process of doing your cutting instructions, its easier than you think! If you’re thinking about a quarter beef, maybe get a friend to go in with you and get a half! While the package weight is different for each animal, over the last number of years the average final packaged weight of a half has been around 180 to 200 pounds of beef. The average hanging weight is 300 pounds but again, this varies animal to animal and the hanging weight can vary as much as 50 pounds either way. PICK UP AT THE RANCH IN STRASBURG OR BUTCHER IN KERSEY ONLY, NO DELIVERY AVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM.
1/2 Grassfed Beef
$6.00 per hanging pound
Butcher Fees: $1.00 per hanging pound plus $85 processing fee
Available for local pick up only at this time.
Make a Deposit:
Your deposit ensures that one of our cows will be grown just for you. The total deposit will be applied to the final cost of the order.
What’s a Hanging Pound?
These prices are per “hanging pound”. Hanging weight is about 50 – 60% the weight of “live weight” or “on the hoof”). Packaged weight is about 55-62% of hanging weight depending on your custom cut instructions, like whether you cut bone in or not for example.
You will also be responsible for paying the butcher costs at $1.00 per hanging pound for butcher fees, but may vary. The processing fee listed above includes the slaughter plant fee, the cost of the boxes and responsible disposal/reuse fee for the few unused parts of the steer/heifer.
To help make your order simple, get to know the beef chart and see the cuts included in our “Standard Cut”. Again, this is for 1/8 and 1/4 buyers, if you order a 1/2 or whole the “standard cut” is just a suggested starting point, how you wait it cut and wrapped is up to you, with our able assistance of course, whenever you need it.
How it Works
Flying B Bar Ranch approach to raising our cattle:
- 100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished
- Family owned and operated since 2006
- Better for the planet, better for you and better for the cattle
- No grains, antibiotics, or growth hormones ever
- Raised locally on our rotated grass pastures
- Never confined, always on pasture
- Moved to fresh pasture daily during growing season
- During winter fed high-quality alfalfa and grass hay that we farm ourselves.
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected American Grassfed Association Certified Producer.
- Humanely processed at local, family-owned, Animal Welfare Approved and Inspected USDA inspected facility