Dry Aged Wagyu/Angus Grass Fed Ground Beef 10 – 1 lb. packages.
10 - packages (1 Lb. packages)
52 in stock
- 85% lean
- 100% grass-fed
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Certified humane treatment – The Flying B is a Certified American Grassfed Association Producer audited and inspected. The AGA is the gold standard of animal welfare.
- Individually frozen and vacuum-packed
100% grass fed and grass finished. No grain ever: cattle graze on pasture rich in grasses and legumes.
Every cut of our grass-fed beef offers unsurpassed flavor and nutrition … it’s perfect for burgers, meatballs, lasagna, and more!
About our grass-fed beef
The husband/wife team of Brad and Margaret Buchanan raise a small herd of about 900 cattle on their century-old ranch on the Eastern Plains of Colorado, just 30 miles East of Denver.
The cattle spend their entire lives on pure pastureland, benefiting from rotational grazing on fresh, nutritious grasses and legumes. And to help keep them optimally healthy, they also receive a mineral-rich mix of salt and vitamins.
Each animal is humanely harvested at one of the only two Animal Welfare Approved slaughter facilities in the State of Colorado.
To further enhance its tenderness and flavor, the meat is dry-aged for minimum of two weeks before being cut, vacuum-sealed, and quick-frozen to preserve its incredible quality.
A breed made in beef heaven
Our premium quality beef is a unique cross between two distinct breeds:
- Angus – An heirloom, grass-adapted strain of the Scottish breed
- American Wagyu – certified 100% purebred Wagyu from Japanese stock
And this breeding produces a result only found when we combine the tenderness of Wagyu with the rich flavor of Angus.
Brad and Margaret breed their American Wagyu bulls with Angus cows from an heirloom strain that retains the breed’s original adaptation to fattening on pasture.
Why grass-fed beef?
Beef is an inherently healthful food, rich in protein, iron, and minerals.
And our exclusively grass-fed, Organic Beef offers a healthier – and far more eco-friendly – alternative to conventional, grain-fed beef.
Compared with grain-fed beef, our pasture-fed beef is richer in at least three key nutrients:
- Omega-3 fatty acids. It provides almost six times more than grain-fed beef, and offers an optimal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids. See “Basic facts about omega-3s and beef”, below.
- Beta-carotene (pro-vitamin A) – an antioxidant that gives its fat a yellow-orange cast.
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) – an unsaturated fat that appears to promote healthy weight and metabolism.
What about the saturated fat in beef?
The evidence long cited to link certain saturated animal fats with increased risk of heart disease was surprisingly weak … and in recent years it’s been repeatedly, convincingly refuted.
This cogent quote comes from a 2012 interview with Dariush Mozaffarian, M.D., of Harvard Medical School and Tufts University, the co-author of more than 100 scientific papers:
“Three groups of researchers have recently weighed data from all available large long-term studies that have tracked saturated-fat intake and heart attacks or strokes. All three found no association between saturated fat and heart attacks or strokes. People who consumed the highest levels of saturated fat had about the same rates of heart disease as people who consumed the least.”
Basic facts about omega-3s and beef
Consumers are often misinformed or misled about this topic. These are the facts:
Grass-based cattle diets yield significantly higher levels of omega-3s in beef, while omega-6 levels in grass-fed beef roughly equal those in grain-fed beef.
This results in a lower, healthier omega-6-to-omega-3 ratio in grass-fed beef.
The average omega-6/omega-3 ratio in grass fed beef is 1.5 to 1, but rises as high as 7.65 to 1 in grain-fed beef (Ponnampalam EN et al. 2006; Leheska JM et al. 2008; Daley CA et al. 2010).
- Most of the very modest amounts of omega-3s in grass-fed beef consist of the short-chain omega-3 known as ALA, which the body uses to make the long-chain omega-3s (DHA and EPA) humans actually require to thrive and survive.
- The human body converts one to 10 percent of omega-3 ALA into the essential long-chain omega-3s (DHA and EPA) found in human cells and seafood. It’s far more effective to consume DHA and EPA directly, from seafood and/or supplements.
- Grass-fed beef provides far less omega-3 EPA and DHA than an equivalent amount of seafood … especially fatty fish.
- Fish and shellfish acquire large amounts of DHA from their diets of aquatic plants and animals, while livestock get small amounts of ALA from grasses and other pasture plants.
Our Grassfed ground beef is packaged in 1 pound portions.
Package: All orders will ship flash frozen, vacuum sealed, from our ranch in Strasburg, Colorado in an insulated box with dry ice. Orders will be delivered frozen or very cold to the touch, depending on the time in transit.
Flying B Bar Ranch approach to raising our cattle:
- 100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished
- All ground beef is from one single animal
- Family owned and operated since 2006
- Better for the planet, better for you and better for the cattle
- No grains, antibiotics, or growth hormones ever
- Raised locally on our rotated grass pastures
- Never confined, always on pasture
- Moved to fresh pasture daily during growing season
- During winter fed high-quality alfalfa and grass hay that we farm ourselves.
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected American Grassfed Association Certified Producer.
- Humanely processed at local, family-owned, Animal Welfare Approved and Inspected USDA inspected facility