- Twice what is in a half, of course. Recommended for large families with 2 adults and hungry kids, one of whom is clearly bound for professional sports
- Will take up almost all of a large upright freezer (20 cu.ft.)
- Custom Cut to your specifications
- Whole beef costs are around $3,300 and with butchers fees the total cost is around $3900
- Whole beef orders require an $800 deposit to secure your order.
Whole Dry Aged Grassfed Beef – APRIL pick up
5.50 per hanging weight & butcher fees
NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR APRIL 2021 PICK UPS
If beef is what’s for dinner at your house then this is for you! Many of our customers select a whole beef every year, whether its all for them, like we do in our family, or they are splitting it with another family, the whole beef is your very best value. Its our lowest price per pound package and it gives you complete control over what you want in your beef package. Like our half beef you get custom cutting automatically included with your beef package. And just like with the half beef we work with you hand in hand to help you decide what cuts you want and how you want them packaged. While the weight varies by animal, over the last number of years the average final packaged weight of a whole has been around 400 pounds of beef. The average hanging weight has been 600 pounds but again, this is different animal to animal and the hanging weight can vary as much as 200 pounds. PICK UP AT THE RANCH IN STRASBURG OR BUTCHER IN FORT COLLINS ONLY, NO DELIVERY AVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM.
Whole Grassfed Beef
$5.50 per hanging pound
Butcher Fees: $.90 per hanging pound plus $140 processing fee
Available for local pick up only at this time.
Make a Deposit:
Your deposit ensures that one of our cows will be grown just for you. The total deposit will be applied to the final cost of the order.
What’s a Hanging Pound?
These prices are per “hanging pound”. Hanging weight is about 60% the weight of “live weight” or “on the hoof”). Packaged weight is about 55 – 70% of hanging weight depending on your custom cut instructions, for example it you want your beef bone in or not.
You will also be responsible for paying the butcher costs at $.90 per hanging pound for butcher fees, but may vary. Processing fees listed above include the slaughter plant processing fee, cost of boxes and the responsible disposal/reuse fee for the few unused parts of the steer/heifer.
To help make your order simple, get to know the beef chart and see the cuts included in our “Standard Cut”. Again, this is for 1/8 and 1/4 buyers, if you order a 1/2 or whole the “standard cut” is just a suggested starting point, how you wait it cut and wrapped is up to you, with our able assistance of course, whenever you need it.
Flying B Bar Ranch approach to raising our cattle:
- 100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished
- Family owned and operated since 2006
- Better for the planet, better for you and better for the cattle
- No grains, antibiotics, or growth hormones ever
- Raised locally on our rotated grass pastures
- Never confined, always on pasture
- Moved to fresh pasture daily during growing season
- During winter fed high-quality alfalfa and grass hay that we farm ourselves.
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected American Grassfed Association Certified Producer.
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected Animal Welfare Approved Cattle Ranch
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected Certified Grassfed Producer by AGW (A Greener World)
- Humanely processed at local, family-owned, Animal Welfare Approved and Inspected USDA inspected facility