- Recommended for families with 1-2 adults and a kid or two
- Will take up half of a small chest freezer or 25% of small upright freezer (14 cu. ft.)
- Each cut is individually wrapped, except steaks which generally come 2 per pack
- Includes New York steaks, Rib Steaks, Tenderloin/Filets, Sirloin Steaks, a variety of 2-3 lb. roasts, arm, top, bottom and/or chuck, flank steak and/or brisket, beef shanks, stew meat, short ribs and 1 lb. packages of Flying B Bar Ranch Grassfed Ground Beef
- See our “Beef Chart” page for pictures of the cuts listed above that are included in our “Standard Cut” for a Quarter beef
- 25% Steaks
- 35% Roasts and misc. cuts like stew meat and short ribs
- 40% Ground Beef
- Beef costs average just north of $800 typically with all in costs including butchers fee around $950. This varies of course with the size of the animal, but you always get what you pay for!
- There is a $200 deposit required to reserve your 1/4 beef
Quarter of Dry Aged Grassfed Beef – MARCH pick up
$5.75 per hanging weight & butcher fees
NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR MARCH 2021 PICK UP
The Quarter Beef includes a few more types of cuts than an 1/8 like flank steak or brisket and stew meat and short ribs. Its a great value that gives you all the beef standards like steaks, roasts and our great burger but also gives you some of the best kept secret cuts like flank steaks, brisket and short ribs. Wait till you try the short ribs or beef shanks in the crock pot! Awesome! While the hanging weight is different for each animal, over the last number of years the hanging weights have been in the 120-180 pound range, with final packaged weights averaging around 90 to 110 pounds. PICK UP AT THE RANCH IN STRASBURG OR BUTCHER IN FORT COLLINS ONLY, NO DELIVERY AVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM.
1/4 Grassfed Beef
$5.75 per hanging pound
Butcher Fees: $.80 per hanging pound plus $40 processing fee
Available for local pick up only at this time.
Make a Deposit:
Your deposit ensures that one of our cows will be grown just for you. The total deposit will be applied to the final cost of the order.
What’s a Hanging Pound?
These prices are per “hanging pound”. Hanging weight is about 50% the weight of “live weight” or “on the hoof”). Packaged weight is about 55 – 70% of hanging weight.
You will also be responsible for paying the butcher costs at $.80 per hanging pound for butcher fees, but may vary.
To help make your order simple, get to know the beef chart and see the cuts included in our “Standard Cut”. Again, this is for 1/8 and 1/4 buyers, if you order a 1/2 or whole the “standard cut” is just a suggested starting point, how you wait it cut and wrapped is up to you, with our able assistance of course, whenever you need it.
How it Works
Flying B Bar Ranch approach to raising our cattle:
- 100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished
- Family owned and operated since 2006
- Better for the planet, better for you and better for the cattle
- No grains, antibiotics, or growth hormones ever
- Raised locally on our rotated grass pastures
- Never confined, always on pasture
- Moved to fresh pasture daily during growing season
- During winter fed high-quality alfalfa and grass hay that we farm ourselves.
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected American Grassfed Association Certified Producer.
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected Animal Welfare Approved Cattle Ranch
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected Certified Grassfed Producer by AGW (A Greener World)
- Humanely processed at local, family-owned, Animal Welfare Approved and Inspected USDA inspected facility