Eighth of Dry Aged Grassfed Beef – MARCH pick up
6.50 per hanging weight & butcher fees
78 in stock
A Great first time sampler pack – NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR MARCH 2023 PICK UP
An Eighth Beef is a great way for first timers to try out our delicious grassfed beef. It includes all the typical cuts you want to enjoy like steaks and roasts, and plenty of ground beef. While the package weight is different for each animal, over the last number of years the average final packaged size of an eighth has been 40-60 pounds of beef. The average hanging weight is 70 to 90 pounds but again, this varies animal to animal and the hanging weight can vary, as much as 20 pounds either way. AND an 1/8 fits in your regular kitchen refr./freezer with room to spare, so you can try us out without having to own a separate freezer. PICK UP AT THE RANCH IN STRASBURG OR BUTCHER IN KERSEY ONLY, NO DELIVERY AVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM.
1/8 Grassfed Beef
$6.50 per hanging pound
Butcher Fees: $1.00 per hanging pound plus $40 processing fee
Available for local pick up only at this time.
Make a Deposit:
Your deposit ensures that one of our cows will be grown just for you. The total deposit will be applied to the final cost of the order.
What’s a Hanging Pound?
These prices are per “hanging pound”. Hanging weight is about 50 – 60% the weight of “live weight” or “on the hoof”). Packaged weight is about 55-62% of hanging weight.
You will also be responsible for paying the butcher costs at $1.00 per hanging pound for butcher fees, but may vary. The processing fee covers the processing plant fee plus the boxes plus the responsible disposal and reuse fee.
To help make your order simple, get to know the beef chart and see the cuts included in our “Standard Cut”. Again, this is for 1/8 and 1/4 buyers, if you order a 1/2 or whole the “standard cut” is just a suggested starting point, how you wait it cut and wrapped is up to you, with our able assistance of course, whenever you need it.
Flying B Bar Ranch approach to raising our cattle:
- 100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished
- Family owned and operated since 2006
- Better for the planet, better for you and better for the cattle
- No grains, antibiotics, or growth hormones ever
- Raised locally on our rotated grass pastures
- Never confined, always on pasture
- Moved to fresh pasture daily during growing season
- During winter fed high-quality alfalfa and grass hay that we farm ourselves.
- Flying B Bar Ranch is an inspected American Grassfed Association Certified Producer.
- Humanely processed at local, family-owned, Animal Welfare Approved and Inspected USDA inspected facility