Cook the Perfect Steak Every Time!
At Flying B Bar Ranch, we love steak! Whether it’s a rib eye, flat iron, filet mignon, or chuck steak, you can’t go wrong with one of our beautiful steaks. Plus, there’s no real secret on how to cook them. Today we’re offering you our handy and foolproof way to cook a steak perfectly every time.
The Flying B Bar Method
- Defrost the steak: If you plan on cooking your steak the next day, remove it from the freezer in the morning and put it in the refrigerator. If you’re in a hurry, you can defrost it in cool water in a pan or bowl. Don’t use hot water, as that will start to cook the meat!
- Bring the steak to room temperature: Remove the steak from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help the meat cook more quickly and evenly, resulting in a perfectly cooked steak.
- Season the steak: To enhance the flavor of your steak, we recommend our “Holy Cow!” seasoning and rub. Be sure to season your steak well for even better flavor.
- Use an instant-read thermometer: To achieve the perfect doneness level, use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. Our grass-fed beef will remain tender, so the traditional “poke” test won’t give you reliable results.
- Remove the steak before it’s fully cooked: When the steak is about 10 degrees below your desired doneness, remove it from the grill, smoker, or cast-iron skillet. Place it on a plate or platter and lightly tent it with aluminum foil. The residual heat in and around the meat will continue to cook the steak to your desired temperature while it rests.
- Let the steak rest: Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing or serving. This will provide a juicier and more tender eating experience.
- Enjoy your perfectly cooked steak: Generally speaking, steaks are best enjoyed at medium-rare doneness. This allows the fat to render and crisp for a perfect crust while still remaining tender inside.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to cook the perfect steak every time. Our grass-fed beef is sure to satisfy your taste buds and impress your guests. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Flying B Bar Ranch offers plenty of delicious steaks and cuts for indiviudal purchase. We can ship straight from our ranch to your door!
See what’s in stock today: