What’s Generally Included:
GRASS FED BEEF FROM THE RANCH
★ Eighth Beef (Great first time sampler pack)
An Eighth Beef is a great way for first timers to try out our delicious grassfed beef. It includes all the typical cuts you want to enjoy like steaks and roasts, and plenty of ground beef. While the package weight is different for each animal, over the last number of years the average final packaged size of an eighth has been 40-60 pounds of beef. The average hanging weight is 65 to 90 pounds but again, this varies animal to animal and the hanging weight can vary, as much as 10 pounds either way. AND an 1/8 fits in your regular kitchen refr./freezer with room to spare, so you can try us out without having to own a separate freezer.
- Recommended for smaller families with 1-2 adults, 1 child
- Will take up to 75% of a standard-sized top freezer or a 25% small chest freezer
- Each cut is individually wrapped, except some of the steaks which generally come 2 per pack
- Includes typically 2-3 New York steaks, 2-3 Rib Steaks, 2 Tenderloin/Filets, 2 Sirloin Steaks or 2 sirloin tip steaks, 2-3 roasts, either arm, top, bottom, round and/or chuck, and 1 lb. packages of Flying B Bar Ranch Grassfed Ground Beef. Please note that the packages may vary slightly, as the butcher does everything they can to maximize the value for you, but if they do we add more of another cut to make up for it.
- See the “Beef Chart” page to see more desciptions of the cuts listed above.
- 20-25% Steaks
- 25-35% Roasts and misc. cuts like stew meat and short ribs
- 40-50% Ground Beef, depending on the size of the animal
- On average 1/8s are $450 to $550 for the beef cost and with butcher fees they average between $550 and $650 total final cost. But again, animal weights vary so it can be more or less than this.
- There is a $100 deposit required to reserve an 1/8 beef
- Pick up at ranch only for 1/8 orders.
- you will have some choice in terms of size of your 1/8 depending on availability
★ Quarter Beef
The Quarter Beef includes a few more types of cuts than an 1/8 like flank steak or brisket and stew meat and short ribs. Its a great value that gives you all the beef standards like steaks, roasts and our great burger but also gives you some of the best kept secret cuts like flank steaks, brisket and short ribs. Wait till you try the short ribs or beef shanks in the crock pot! Awesome! While the hanging weight is different for each animal, over the last number of years the hanging weights have been in the 120-180 pound range, with final packaged weights averaging around 90 – 100 pounds.
- Recommended for families with 1-2 adults and a kid or two
- Will take up half of a small chest freezer or 25% of small upright freezer
- Each cut is individually wrapped, except steaks which generally come 2 per pack
- Includes New York steaks, Rib Steaks, Tenderloin/Filets, Sirloin Steaks, a variety of 2-3 lb. roasts, arm, top, bottom and/or chuck, flank steak and/or brisket, beef shanks, stew meat, short ribs and 1 lb. packages of Flying B Bar Ranch Grassfed Ground Beef
- See our “Beef Chart” page for pictures of the cuts listed above that are included in our “Standard Cut” for a Quarter beef
- 25% Steaks
- 35% Roasts and misc. cuts like stew meat and short ribs
- 40% Ground Beef
- Beef costs average $900 to $1050 typically with all in costs including butchers fee around $1100 to $1300. This varies of course with the size of the animal, but you always get what you pay for!
- There is a $200 deposit required to reserve your 1/4 beef
- Pick up at ranch only for 1/4 orders.
- At pickup you will have some choice on the size of the 1/4 select, depending on avaiability
★ Half Beef
Half and whole beef customers at Flying B enjoy the best value and greatest ability to customize their order, like how thick you want your steaks, what cuts you want, what roasts you want or which you want ground into burger packages. And half and whole customers get all the bones and organ meat if they select them when we work with you on your cutting instructions. We will help walk you through the process of doing your cutting instructions, its easier than you think! If you’re thinking about a quarter beef, maybe get a friend to go in with you and get a half! While the package weight is different for each animal, over the last number of years the average final packaged weight of a half has been around 175 pounds of beef. The average hanging weight is 275 to 350 pounds but again, this varies animal to animal.
- Recommended for large families with 2 adults and hungry kids
- Will take up to 50% of a large upright freezer
- Custom Cut to your specifications. We will help you with this! Its easy with our help!
- Beef prices for a half average $1900 but can be more with larger animals and with the butcher fees the average total cost is between $2000 and $2500. This can vary of course with a larger or smaller than average animal. We ask during your cutting instruction process if you have a preference for a size of animal and do everything we can to provide that for you.
- Half beef orders require a $400 deposit to reserve your spot
- Pick up at ranch only for 1/2 beef orders
★ Whole Beef
If beef is what’s for dinner at your house then this is for you! Many of our customers select a whole beef every year, whether its all for them, like we do in our family, or they are splitting it with another family, the whole beef is your very best value. Its our lowest price per pound package and it gives you complete control over what you want in your beef package. Like our half beef you get custom cutting automatically included with your beef package. And just like with the half beef we work with you hand in hand to help you decide what cuts you want and how you want them packaged. While the weight varies by animal, over the last number of years the average final packaged weight of a whole has been around 400 pounds of beef. The average hanging weight has been around 600 pounds but again, this varies animal to animal and the hanging weight can vary as much as between 550 pounds to 800 hanging pounds. For wholes you can request a larger or smaller animal.
- Twice what is in a half, of course. Recommended for large families with 2 adults and hungry kids, one of whom is clearly bound for professional sports
- Will take up almost all of a large upright freezer (20 cu.ft.)
- Custom Cut to your specifications
- Whole beef costs average between $3600 and $4000 and with butchers fees the total cost averages $4300 to $4700
- Whole beef orders require an $800 deposit to secure your order.
- Pick up at ranch only for Whole Beef orders
HOW MUCH FREEZER SPACE WILL YOU NEED?
An Eighth Beef can fit in the top freezer of a normal refrigerator/freezer with room left over. A quarter of beef needs about 4 cubic feet. We use 1 deep shelf, and both of the two bins at the bottom of the fridge, along with some of the storage on the door for a quarter. We have typically more than half of the fridge space left. The rule of thumb is one cubic foot of freezer space for every 35 – 40 pounds of packaged meat. A quarter of beef will easily fit into a 5 -7 cubic foot chest freezer.
- A half beef needs about 8 cubic feet.
- You should plan for at least 16-17 cu.ft. freezer space for a whole beef.
- This will also vary a little bit with the freezer design.
- Needed freezer space varies with the choice of cuts and packaged weights also.